Propellerheads | Bang On!
Dance of the wood ghosts, Yahuna Indians - Rio Apaporis: East Colombia. The Masks represent the evil ghosts of the wood, Uadyayleru.
"The function of being an artist for me … is that it’s an experimental area where I can test ways of thinking and operating and hopefully apply the results to real life. The advantage of testing them in an art context is that it doesn’t really matter if you fail. You can afford to take risks that you wouldn’t allow yourself in normal life. Having taken those risks and seen what freedoms they allow or what restrictions they impose, you are then free to extrapolate them into normal-life situation. That’s what I think is the function of culture - to teach you new way of dealing with the world.
"For example, one important idea for me has been to deliberately put people who aren’t qualified in any particular way into creative situations and say to them, ‘look, you can do it. You are capable of operating creatively, you don’t have to be skillful. It has to do with the way you use your brain, not your hands’.""
— Brian Eno, 1975 (via jessiethatcher)
HERE IS A 100% REVIEW:
1. This book is 31 pages of the most extraoridanry wisdom.
2. It taught me so much about myself and life in generals and clowns as well.
3. I have always been afraid of clowns since I was 14 years old and it happened (April 19, 1996)
4. This book was only .99 cents which is cheaper than a tac at taco bell.
5. I used to want to be a clown when I was grown older and now that is all I want to do because this book was so effectual.
6. I am still overcome with fear by the clowns and other performers of that ilk.
7. My most confusion comes from being both born a clown myself and fearing clowns as well as myself.
8. As you can see this book is SO important for someone as myself.
9. I am no longer afraid to be myself (as a true clown) when I grow up.
10. My Aunt is also loving this book very much as she has some same type fears (clown’s eg.)
11. Yes I can understand the words of the book but the horrors are still there in my mind the same as they became on the day(April 19,1996) when this fear was so real in my life.
12. Most importantly when I dress as a clown though( most days now) I am less afraid to see myself in the mirror when I remember that it is myself in the mirror and not my aunt when we were at Taco Bell on that day (April 19,1996)
13. Because the nature of this purchase is available VIA ELECTRONICAL demands, there is no tax and some persons in true possessions of .99 cents can also always purchase this items without the tax. NOT LIKE THE COST OF .99 CENT TACOS
14. This is a true Value Product with no doubt worthy of reading for most or at least some people.
Thank You Sirs……